So what’s the best website hosting?
Let’s get this straight. Your website host can make or break your affiliate marketing site.
Imagine putting in all the efforts; designing a great site, sourcing for fast-selling products, and driving high converting traffic to your website; only to find that the site is too slow or worse, crashes every time there’s a surge in visits.
You don’t want to experience that, right?
The importance of a reliable, affordable and fast website hosting cannot be overlooked if you are serious about growing your affiliate marketing business.
In this post, I compared Godaddy and Bluehost, two of the most popular hosting services to help you make an informed decision about which hosting to go for.
Best Website Hosting – Godaddy?
Godaddy is the world’s largest website host with more than 44 million sites hosted on their platform.
The company pioneered the shared hosting plan, which made it possible for just about anyone to own a website for a small amount.
Godaddy also offers some more advanced options like virtual and dedicated servers.
So basically, one can opt for the relatively cheap shared hosting plan and upgrade as their business grows.
Fast load time – probably the fastest in the industry.
World’s largest provider – that should count for something, right?
- 99.9% uptime
- Cpanel access
- Drag and drop feature to build a website quickly
- A free domain name that comes with the hosting
- One-click WordPress install
- Unmetered bandwidth
- Up to 100GB storage
- There have been complaints of lackluster customer support lately
- Too many upsell that makes the purchasing process overwhelming.
- No emails – cost extra to create custom emails.
- No SSL certificate, automatic backups on their cheapest plan
- No site transfers
Best Website Hosting – Bluehost?
While Bluehost does not power as many sites as Godaddy, the company sure does hold its own with more than 3 million sites on their platform.
If you are looking for a low-cost, reliable hosting option, Bluehost is undoubtedly made for you.
Bluehost has a shared hosting plan which starts at $2.95 per month.
If you are looking for something a bit advanced, Bluehost also offers virtual private servers, dedicated servers, and managed WordPress services.
As a WordPress.org recommended hosting provider, Bluehost is an excellent fit for hosting your WordPress site.
- Free Domain and SSL certificate on all plan
- One-click WordPress Install
- Unlimited bandwidth
- Industry-leading hardware
- 99.97% uptime
- Free email accounts
- Up to 50GB storage
- Cpanel access
- Website Builder for WordPress, Joomla and Drupal
- Streamlined, easy-to-use interface
- 24/7 customer support
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Slightly lower load-time compared to Godaddy
- Slightly smaller storage compared to Godaddy
Best Website Hosting – So What’s The Verdict?
Bluehost is an obvious choice for me. While Godaddy offers a faster load speed, which of course is crucial to the success of any website.
Bluehost’s load time is still within the acceptable range and among the top one-percentile in the industry.
However, what clinched it for me is the Free email accounts, Free SSL certificates and world-class customer support Bluehost offers.
And the fact, you can transfer your website to another host which is not possible with Godaddy.